THE PROCESS AND OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS:
- The official Recognition of Sowa-Rigpa; Tibetan Medicine has been proceed from year 2007 after the constitution of Panel of Expert by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
- May 2008, the Panel of Expert submitted a report of total p.425 to the Union Cabinet of India.
- September 10, 2009, Union Cabinet approved The Indian Medicine Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2009 for amending the Indian Medicine Central Council Act, 1970.
- December 16, 2009, Ministry of Health &Family Welfare has released a Year End Review-2009 in which recognition of Sowa-Rigpa has been put up.
- April 23,2010,Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad ;the Ministry of Health &Family Welfare introduced the bill to amend IMCC Act.1970 to the Rajya Sabha
- Department related Parliamentary Standing Committee was formed in the year 2010.
- July 21, 2010, Officials from Sowa-Rigpa were call for meeting and discussion.
- August 11, 2010, Standing Committee with a total 31 member (10members from Rajya Sabha, 21 from Lok Sabha) presented their report (p.32) to the Parliament.
- August 25, 2010, Debate on amendment of IMCC Act.1970 were held in Rajya Sabha and finally passed the bill.
- August 31, 2010, Debates on amendment of IMCC Act.1970 were held in Lok Sabha and finally passed the bill.
- The Parliament of India Finally assigned the amendment of IMCC Act. 1970 which is the Parliament Act. No.43 of Year 2010.
- September 26, 2010 The Parliament received the assent of the President.
- September 27, 2010, The Gazette of India, Ministry of Law and Justice officially published the IMCC (Amendment) Act, 2010 by which the Recognition of Sowa-Rigpa, (Tibetan Medicine) came into legal frame.
Watch the panel on Recognition of Sowa-Rigpa in India from the following link: